Thank you for considering hosting a Food Drive benefiting Wimberley’s Crisis Bread Basket.
Below are some items that will help you putting your food drive together. The first step is to
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We encourage the focus of food drives to
provide healthy filler low sodium/sugar items found in the item needs list below.
Items on the need list include:
- Whole grain pasta
- Canned spaghetti sauce (low sodium/sugar)
- Peanut butter and jelly (low sugar)
- Canned meat (chicken, tuna, roast beef)
- Canned fruit (no sugar added)
- Cereal (low sugar)
- Canned vegetables (low sodium)
- Canned meals (i.e. Chef Boyardee, soups, tuna)
Choose products that are in boxes, cans or plastic bottles and do not have to be refrigerated.
Download our top ten most wanted items.
Food Drive Ideas
- Encourage friendly competition – Challenge your classmates or colleagues to see who
can collect more food. Regularly report on progress to keep the stakes high.
- Conduct community events – Bake sales, yard sales, car washes and BBQ dinners are
great places to showcase your food drive.
- Collect food at a big event – Have a holiday event, sports game or concert coming up?
Make a canned food item part of your admission!
- Host a raffle – Encourage people to donate food by making a shelf-stable food item their
price to get a ticket into your raffle.
- Collect an item for each day of Lent – 40 days yields 40 items
- Host a fund drive that collects donations, so the Food Bank can purchase food.
Ready to start your own food or fund drive? Below are the resources you will need to run
your own food drive to benefit Crisis Bread Basket and the people we serve.